Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information any time you are in contact with Moroccan Arts or a Moroccan Arts affiliated company.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Moroccan Arts may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect?
- When you create a Moroccan Arts account, purchase a product, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Moroccan Arts products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to join you on Moroccan Arts forums, Moroccan Arts may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use your personal information?
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Moroccan Arts's latest product announcements, and upcoming events. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out any time by updating your account.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Moroccan Arts, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Moroccan Arts's products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information - data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone where a Moroccan Arts product is shipped so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
In order to ensure secure payments, Moroccan Arts uses the secure payment service provided by PayPal. This service utilises the SSL security standard. Confidential data (16-digit bank card number as well as expiry date, Security code) are encrypted and sent directly to the bank server without passing through the physical moroccan-arts.com server.
Please note that if our security department suspects fraud, we have the right to cancel the transaction for security reasons.
Moroccan Arts offers several methods of payment depending on the product purchased: Credit card (Debit card, Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro or MasterCard) and bank transfer.
Moroccan Arts does not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Moroccan Arts's website, online services, and advertisements may use "cookies". This technology helps us better understand user behavior, tells us which parts of our website people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
If you want to disable cookies and you're using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the Security pane to disable cookies. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Moroccan Arts website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
Cookies used by Moroccan Arts do not contain any confidential information about you.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Moroccan Arts may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Moroccan Arts uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Moroccan Arts may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Moroccan Arts to provide products and services, or that help Moroccan Arts market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Moroccan Arts to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Moroccan Arts shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Moroccan Arts operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Moroccan Arts to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Moroccan Arts takes precautions - including administrative, technical, and physical measures - to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Moroccan Arts online services such as Sign Up and Contact Form pages use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it's transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some Moroccan Arts services, or post a review about a purchased product, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date at any time by logging in to your account at https://www.moroccan-arts.com/account/.
Last updated: July 4, 2011